Sunday, July 13, 2008

Addendum

* Looking at parts of Beirut in the hills reminds me of being in Berkeley - especially because while I see the Mediterranean, I can somewhat pretend I'm looking at the bay and can somewhat make out the Campinilli. (I don't actually pretend this but the resemblance is so uncanny that I won't be surprised if someday I could see it from here).

* This weekend, I both discovered and heard that photography is essential for a journalist now, especially one that wants to focus on foreign news. Which is why I need to learn photography when I get back.

* Explaining to people "where I'm from" requires more effort here than it did in the US because people don't believe when I say I'm from the U.S. "No really, where are you from?" (oddly enough, a few people have asked me if I'm of Lebanese origin)

* I am not addicted to it, but I miss the taste of coffee. There is Cafe Younis (my favorite cafe in the city) around the corner, but I miss the accessibility of coffee in nyc.

* my mum calls this a rozenamcha :)

No comments: